Careers At Foxwood Homes
As one of the largest new home builders in London Ontario, Foxwood Building has successfully completed hundreds of new homes and numerous developments like The Foxhaven Townhome condominiums in the northwest of London, as well as multiple phases of some of the current new home developments like, the Bridgeview Townhomes in Fort Erie, Ontario, the master-planned community the Gates of Hyde Park, Royal Parks Urban Townhomes and sold out multiple phases of single detached homes and Middleton in London Ontario.
If you’re looking for an opportunity where you can excel, we want to hear from you. If you are self-motivated and are looking for an opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, you are invited to submit your resume.
Please attach your resume using the form below. NOTE: Only pdf files will be accepted.
Please ensure you outline the role of your interest in the message field
We appreciate your interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Foxwood Homes is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals.
Foxwood Building is currently hiring a Purchasing Manager with extensive knowledge and experience in construction industry. We offer a competitive salary, safety working conditions and other benefits.
Position Overview Type: Full-time, permanent
Title: Purchasing Manager (NOC0113)
Working hours: 35 hours/week
Working location: 759 Hyde Park Rd. London, Ontario N6H 3S2
Salary: $42.00 – $45.00/hour
- Managing the activities and staff in purchasing department;
- Evaluating current purchasing policies, procedures and systems, and advising improvement;
- Estimating costs for new projects and based on the quotations and bid documents, preparing estimation documents, and setting up budget plan;
- Monitoring and controlling costs in each project, and based on the milestone of the projects, adjusting the cost estimation;
- Conducting market research and forecasting price and market trends, particularly for those materials to be purchased in China;
- Developing procurement strategy, particularly for those materials to be purchased in China;
- Identifying and evaluating suppliers, contractors and subcontractors, as well as materials, products and services they will provide;
- Participating in the preparation of bidding documents for new projects, and advising on tendering procedures;
- Negotiating purchase contracts and other relevant contracts and agreements;
- Maintaining good relationships with suppliers, contractors and subcontractors, and taking efforts to get competitive prices from them;
- Communicating with engineers, designers, architects, contractors and subcontractors to learn the needs and demands of purchase timely;
- Resolving issues and complains with/from suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree, or college advanced diploma in engineering, civil construction, or business administration.
- At least 6 years’ experience in purchasing and procurement in construction or related industry, of which over 3 years must be in management role.
- Experience must include strategic procurement, budget, cost estimation and control, and contract negotiation and management.
- Familiar with features, specifications of various construction materials, as well as construction market.
- Extensive network and relationships with suppliers in construction industry, particularly those in China.
- Fluent mandarin is a plus
Language: English (Required)
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
We appreciate the applicants for their interest; however only well-qualified candidates will be contacted. The ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying and fostering a relationship with our suppliers and vendors. You will also oversee the implementation of the supply and production strategies